Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Depression.

Depression, well depression is a very difficult thing to deal with and the way everyone approaches dealing with it is far from uniform. Its a very tough thing to deal with and can stem from a vast array of issues! Often times, its not finding the source and then dealing with the issue its having a true friend(S). Some one who will be there and listen to you even if being with you is absolutely miserable. Someone who regardless of how childish what you're upset over will sympathize. Today, this is sadly a trait that is very hard to find in people, and I for one consider myself very lucky to have more than one such person in my life. Meds can help and they will make you happy which was definitely key to me moving on from the hardships at hand, but no matter how happy you are the problems that are left unresolved are still there. One of the biggest steps in leaving a state of depression in my opinion was definitely letting go of all the anger, hate, and frustration that I had kept bottled up inside for so very long. I found every thing to be so very much more enjoyable and fun. This in my opinion opened me up to so many more things than I thought I would ever be able to do again. I helped me to open back up to people and eventually to the big man upstairs it was a critical step in getting back to where I am today. It's often hard to take the road less traveled but others have taken it before you're no trailblazer and you need to remember that. Never forget that Jesus will never let you stray too far from him, actually scratch that it is impossible to stray too far form Christ because he is everywhere. There is always hope and you can always find you're way back but you have to first forgive others and then yourself trust me I've been there I'm not as close or as open with everyone as I hope to one day be, but I have certainly made great strides.

No comments:

Post a Comment