Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Above the Influence and Those who have kept me there.

I do quite literally mean what I stated in the title, this may take quite a few of you by surprise but it is so. I have come to terms with some very brutal things in the past few weeks, and I'm glad I have.

It started with a trip to star bucks where I met an individual, named Cody Giles, and for the next three hours or so I told him every mistake, regret, and usage problem I had been hiding over the past year. For the first time in what i felt had been a life time, I was totally open to someone, and he made no judgement he didn't look down his nose at me. Instead he listened cared and told me what he did to recover fro his fall from gods good graces so I could start a return journey of my own.

He told me to start a new life, a better, happier life I would have to destroy the habits I had created the reliance on the terrible things I had become overwhelmed by. This was at first overwhelming and quite scary. This was by no means going to be a short or simple task, but it was something I knew to be truly happy I would have to do. I left on a high, after our three hour talk, and went home. I pulled my mother aside and told her everything I had done. The using, selling, cheating, lying, everything for the first time I withheld nothing.

It was a rough start and let me tell you when you feel you've fallen as far as I thought I had, praying is one of the strangest interactions you will ever partake in, I hit a couple snags on the way and for the sake of not getting an ear-full I will not mention any names :). After a certain hold back had been let go of I began to pray more and more. And began to experience for the first time in years a real relation with Jesus.

Taking the next step would be tough, or so I thought. It was for me to go to different churches and find a new church home. I was very nervous about this and unsure as to what I should do. Well, God is always willing to help as long as you put your best foot forward in life. He put a girl in my life named Samantha Hedgecoth she took me to church on Wednesday night where I don't think a better first sermon for me could have been delivered! They then took me on a trip Saturday night to go with their youth group to Laser tag, and then I went to church again Sunday morning. I even woke up early (7am yeah on a weekend) and brought breakfast over for her and her friend.

This has shown me that God is there for you and will give you the tools, resources, and people necessary to build, rebuild, or continue building your relationship with him. No matter how far from his path you have strayed. You may find yourself off the path he would have chosen for you, but he will always help you to get back to the path he wants to see you on. The people he put in my life that have helped me above all others to this day are Cody Giles and Sami Hedgecoth I couldn't have made the strides I have without you guys thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment